Saturday 4 October 2008

Well here we go!

I have been thinking on and off for a while now that i would start a blog but looking at all the blogs available on the great world wide web, well to be honest it scared me half to death!! I cant compete with these wonderous creations out there!!!! However as time has gone on i realised its not about competing its about showing what I am capable of, what I can create! So i have bitten the bullet and started, now i am making no promises as so posting every day, in fact over the next few days there will no doubt be a huge flurry and as i upload all the cards and things to date, and then it will hopefully become a regular thing but if i go missing for a week its just means i have had nothing created to upload, or nothing interesting to say!
my name is Amanda and I am a paper-a-
holic, I believe a person should buy three sheets of the same piece of paper, one to use, one to stroke and one to keep OK i have a lot of paper, i have way to much paper but don't tell Him Indoors that as i do like the option to buy more!
I have been with Him Indoors since 1996 and we married in 2001, our daughter, our very own little person joined us in 2003. She is amazing, a true amalgamation of the best bits of both of us (well except my temper and stubbornness as my mother gleefully informs every time she digs her heels in!) and we have 4
puddy tats who have made us their owners cause regardless what anyone tells you, you never own a cat, they own you.

OK i am waffling i know, but if you are going to read my blog, get used to it, i like to waffle!

Due to some health issues when i was pregnant i have been left permanently disabled with a chronic pain condition, and as my little person grew up i wanted to do something with her that did not involve running around, so we started painting bits of macaroni and playing with bits of paper, then as i began coming online to buy craft goodies, i became aware of a huge population of
crafters from all over the world, and so many new ideas and paper crafts i had never known existed,
I began "pottering" and made a card or two, and offered to make some cards for my parents, and family, and slowly began to immerse myself further in i started scrap booking which i love but my heart lies in my card making, I like making my cards with a "quirk" whether it has moving parts or a pun, just something different from the norm, although i can do traditional if pushed i mean asked nicely!
I bought a cricut this year, and upgraded to the expression six weeks later, and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it, I also have the design studio, and am constantly amazed by the talent of people who can take a basic shape and turn it into something truly amazing, I have used my cricut now to make many waterfall cards, and i like to try making patterns for "fancy" things, i have exploding boxes, and slider cards patterns i have created myself, which i would now like to share, so this blog will be my means to share my creations, both the pictures of what i have created and hopefully cut files for the cricut design studio.

I look forward to sharing with you and to reading your comments!

Amanda P

No comments: