Tuesday 14 October 2008

Hoppy Birthday - Waterfall Froggy

This is a Birthday Card I made for Him indoors's sister, both of us have younger sisters, and both of them are chefs and although they are not the same age they both have the same birthday!!! (Him indoors and I's birthday is a day apart, and the six years he has on me of course!!!!) seems we were destined to be together either that or destined to be broke!
anyway on with the card!



This cute little frog is from Stampin Up (Unfrogettable) he so cute!! I do love moving cards, anything with a little quirk really, The waterfall component is made using the Cricut Design Studio, and the George Cartridge

To make the frog "jump" I stamped him first with his head and body on the square and then on the next square using the same image, I just stamped his back legs as he jumps away


See the tiny little frog eyelets!! aren't they sweet!! no idea where i got them, I have loads of bitties in my stash that I have collected over the years, only problem is I don't want to use my stash in case i cant get any more!!! (hence the three paper rule, 1 to use, 1 to stroke and 1 to keep for ever)
To add the colour to this card, I used mostly my brand new bienfang watercolour self wicking water colour brushes, these are AMAZING, i have really enjoyed using them, and there are so many different ways to play with them! For my toadstool on the bottom square i used my sakura glaze pens for the red and my sakura souffle pen for the white spots,

After I made the waterfall component up and folded my card blank, i took the "Hoppy Birthday" stamp from the set and using dew drop VersaMagic in Aloe Vera and Sea Breeze i randomly stamped the card blank,
I tied a green gingham ribbon around the card

I love to make my inserts as eye catching as the main card, so in this card using the computer i typed in Hoppy Birthday, Hope your day is Unfrogetable (I know i know, him indoors groaned loud enough for you all but when the pun fits!!!!) the little image in the bottom corner is from a font would you believe, its a font called Komedy Kritters using the capital V and then painted with the bienfang pens

any questions or comments i would love to hear from you!

Amanda

Posted by Picasa

No comments: